Why we serve:
The way we share God’s love for us is to serve others. We serve by helping to meet immediate needs of our brothers and sisters locally and beyond.
“For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me” (Matthew 25: 35-36)
Whom/how we serve:
Bags of Grace
We pack gallon bags with water, food items, and a scripture card to give to people in need. We pack and give out several hundred a year.
Bowling Green Charter Schools
- Friday Night Family Dinners (started as Saturday lunches)
- Students of the Month ice cream parties at Chacon every trimester
- Participation in events such as Halloween parties, carnivals, Community Reading Days.
- Donations of Christmas gifts, books, clothing, various items.
- Book repair/library assistance at the McCoy Academy Library which serves both campuses.
- Classroom assistance in Kindergarten and 1st grade classrooms at McCoy.
Assistance with refugee resettlement program with donations and apartment set-up.
Help feed the food insecure in our local community in a concrete and meaningful way. Give to SSIP Food Closet.
- GIVE time: Be a part of the solution by offering up a morning to help with distributing food or picking up from grocery stores. Interested? Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- GIVE money: Help us purchase food to supplement our offering, through a generous monetary donation.
- GIVE food/products: Before you start your car engine to drop off those cans and dry staple goods for a food drive, consider us — SSIP Food Closet. We also accept: empty egg cartons, medium-sized boxes, multi-use plastic bags, and paper bags.
Please visit our website to learn more: www.ssipfoodcloset.org
Rise Against Hunger
Annual packaging events for this international hunger relief organization, since 2014.
Church members have participated in the following mission trips:
- India (Jan 2020 & Oct 2018)
- UMCOR West Supply Depot (Nov 2017 & Jun/July 2017)
- Japan Tsunami Recovery (2012 & 2011)
- Katrina Recovery (Nov & Jun 2010)
We also support the following organizations through United Methodist Women:
- Asian Community Center
- BCSET (Breathe California) of Sacramento
- Developmental Living Center
- Heifer Project
- India – Asha
- India – CRHP
- Loaves and Fishes
- My Sister’s House
- Rebuilding Together
- St. John Shelter
- Wellspring Women’s Center
- Zoe / Loretta Ashizawa
- Gum Moon Residence
- Mary Elizabeth Inn